At Heidi’s GrowHaus & Lifestyle Gardens, we’re passionate about connecting people with nature, and we’re dedicated to making that connection last. In addition to our retail nursery and landscape design, we provide fine gardening services for homeowners and businesses.
What is fine gardening? As stewards of nature, we pay close attention to each of our client’s gardens and provide maintenance, from removing green debris and fertilizing, to watering, pruning, and harvesting. You can have a worry-free, weed-free, beautiful garden without cutting corners. In keeping with our commitment to environmental integrity, we only use chemicals as a last resort, and we cultivate the soil to create a sustainable ecosystem that supports healthy, thriving plants.
Tending to Your Needs
Our dedicated and highly-trained team of field staff provides full-spectrum maintenance for residential and commercial properties throughout the Twin Cities. We look after landscapes, gardens, seasonal containers, and more.
Take a look at the comprehensive services we offer and contact us to schedule fine gardening.
- Regularly perform soil tests to determine site-specific approach to a healthier, sustainable soil with organic, natural macro- and micronutrients. This way, we use fewer chemical fertilizers and lower the carbon footprint we’d make if we had to relocate struggling plants.
- Remove vegetative matter by hand and recycle it as compost for our client’s garden and our own. We leave selected seed pods and foliage for wildlife habitat and nourishment.
- Add premium compost regularly into garden soils where client-generated compost is not available or sufficient.
- Monitor plants for insects and diseases.
- Hand-pull weeds instead of blanket-spraying them with herbicides.
- Sanitize tools if they come in contact with a known pathogen.
- Monitor irrigation systems and instruct our clients on appropriate watering practices.
- Weeding and weed prevention
- Water management
- Rejuvenation pruning
- Harvesting edibles
- Soil testing
- Soil preparation and amendments
- Animal and pest control
- Preparing new garden beds as desired
- Creating detailed lists of favorite plants and plants to transplant or divide
- Installing summer, fall, winter, and spring planters
- Designing cut flower arrangements from client’s own garden
- Harvesting edibles from your garden